HREDC Region Demographic Information
The HREDC Region is a world-class business location – home to global companies like General Mills and BASF; and the heart of the north-east Missouri. Our dynamic companies, well-educated and highly skilled workforce, award winning school systems and cultural amenities make “America’s Hometown” one of the most desirable places to live. Hannibal has evolved into a regional hub for employment, retail and tourism.
The daytime population in Hannibal grows by over 20% as commuters travel to the market for employment, shopping and entertainment.
- Hannibal has an overall retail Pull Factor of 1.21
- Total population rises to over 136,000 within a 30-mile ring
- Total Households over 40,000 in a 20-mile ring
- Median HH Income $48,282 in a 20-mile ring
- Approximately 500,000 Tourists visit Hannibal each year