July 25, 2023
Passionate about entrepreneurship and interested in working directly with area small businesses?
The Missouri SBDC at HREDC is seeking applications for the Entrepreneurship Specialist position. Those with a passion for supporting and growing small businesses encouraged to apply!
The primary role of this position is to provide individualized and confidential business development counseling services to businesses and entrepreneurs in a seven-county region. Business services provided include strategic planning, marketing, management, financial analysis, capital formation, technology development and commercialization, operations, human resources, business start-up and growth/sustainability, and other timely business-related topics. Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of business is required with familiarity of technology commercialization preferred.
An earned bachelor’s degree with professional experience in business or business education. Sales and development experience are highly valued. Experience in operating, managing and owning a business, training, and/or consulting are helpful. Looking for a self-motivated, customer focused person comfortable with a results-oriented position.
- Business Assistance: Coach entrepreneurs and companies in starting, growing, and operating businesses.
- Economic Development: Assist with initiatives of the economic development office as assigned.
- Teach: Plan and deliver adult educational programs in business subject matters targeted to meet the local needs of the business community
- Marketing and PR: Market educational programs and promote the mission of SBDC/Hannibal Regional Economic Council to area leaders, and partner organizations/individuals.
- Research and Scholarship: Keep up to date on business trends to create new and effective programs. Effectively translate knowledge into various mediums (including: published articles, social media posts, presentations at state and national conferences, etc.)
- Collaborate: Leverage statewide SBDC/MU Extension Business Development Program (BDP) resources (Tools and People) to provide services that work in the client’s best interest.
Necessary Outcomes and Tasks
- Achieve goals in the areas of outcomes (economic impact), quantity (i.e. Number of clients, hours of counseling, etc.), quality, and stakeholder relations, etc., as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the SBDC Lead Center with agreement of the Hannibal Regional Economic Council. (Negotiated annually)
- Develop and execute an annual plan of work aligned with local, regional and state objectives of the funding partners. Collaboratively work with supervisor and regional colleagues to establish goals that meet the needs of entrepreneurs and funders.
- Ensure compliance with grant/contract and maintain fiscal accountability.
- Manage internal expenses, such as, mileage, vehicle usage, meal expenses and travel
- Complete required training and professional development as dictated by HREDC
- Document work with business clients and training attendees in a management information system (Neoserra).
- Communicate and promote successes to key stakeholders
- Develop relationships with mature businesses, technology transfer offices, college/university faculty, economic development organizations to identify value added opportunities.
- Build strong relationships in the community and develop SBDC services as a dependable asset
- Develop partnerships to enhance programming success and add new services as needed
- Develop relationships with BDP programs, staff, partners and specifically other directors and counselors across Missouri.
- Regular travel in-state requiring a valid driver’s license and occasional out of state travel is required. Work evenings and weekends as needed to meet client demands.
- Actively foster inclusion of diverse clients by delivering educational programs that represent the population diversity in the assigned counties.
- Regularly demonstrate effective written and oral communication, public speaking, teaching, organizational, interpersonal, public relations, group facilitation, and technical skills to ensure high audience satisfaction and learning, as well as effective colleague relations.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams, committees and task forces to meet organizational needs.
- Assume programmatic and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the Civil Rights Acts, Title IX, Rehabilitation, Americans with Disabilities Act and local, state and region affirmative action plans.
Direct supervision is received from Hannibal Regional Economic Council Executive Director. The individual must understand and meet the needs of the organizations that fund the position and provide timely reports to the funders. Performance evaluations will be conducted by Hannibal Regional Economic Council and MO SBDC.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
For the complete job posting and to apply, visit https://www.indeed.com/job/entrepreneurship-specialist-4364f9910ed7dd81.